■ GENERAL DESCRIPTIONBL8512A BL8512A
The BL8512A is a monolithic step-down DC to
DC converter. The BL8512A works from a
4.75V to 20V input voltage range, and offers
up to 2A of continuous output current in a
compact SOIC 8 package.
The BL8512A operates in voltage mode.
Lower quiescent current and wider operating
input-voltage range are implemented by
Belling’s high-voltage BiCMOS-based
technology. Alternative PWM/PFM control
technique significantly improves the efficiency
for both light load and heavy load.
The BL8512A also integrates soft-start, over
load protection and under voltage lockout
protection etc., which minimized external
components and converter size.
■ FEATURESBL8512A BL8512A
· Built-in 90mW P-Channel MOSFET
· Wide 4.75~20V Input Voltage Range
· Adaptive PWM/PFM Operation Mode
· Up to 95% Efficiency
· Built-in Soft-Start Function
· Fault Protection (Auto Recovery Mode)
· <1μA Shutdown Current and 350μA
· Low Temperature-Drift Coefficient of
· Demo Board Available
■ APPLICATIONSBL8512A BL8512A
· Power Source for Battery-Powered
· Distribute DC to DC Power Supply
· Pre-Regulator for Linear Regulator