HT7660 -- CMOS Switched-Capacitor VoltageConverter
HT7660 is a monolithic CMOSswitched-capacitor voltage converter. HT7660 is designed tocomplete a voltage conversion from positive to negative. The onlyrequired external components are two low cost electrolyticcapacitors.
HT7660 includes a voltage regulator, an RCoscillator and four output power MOS switches. The frequency of anRC oscillator can be lowered by adding an external capacitorbetween VDD and the OSC pin, or an external clock can beconnected to the OSC pin to replace the original oscillator. The LVterminal may be tied to VSS to disable the voltage regulator. Bydoing this, low voltage operation can be improved.
- Simple conversion of VDD to -VDD
- Cascade connection (two devices are connected,VOUT= -2VDD)
- Boost pin for higher switching frequency
- Easy to use
- Requires only two external capacitors
- No external diode required
- Typically with no load voltage conversion, 99.9% efficiency
- Typical power efficiency is 98%
- HT7660 Wide operating voltage range: 3V to 12V
- HT7660 8-pin DIP/SOP package